Rather than a little rant or personal antidote, I thought I’d go for a list post. Here’s some body acceptance ideas to keep in mind.
- I’m the kind of that gets self conscious when my clothes look like the seams are coming lose. Next time you see this happening, remember it’s probably the material, not your body.
- Don’t be ashamed that you care what people think of you. Whether they want to admit it or not, almost everyone does.
- Ya know those models in magazines? Please don’t think that’s what they look like. It’s the power of Photoshop my friend.
- I won’t tell you not to, but I suggest you stop weighing yourself. The number on the scale means nothing in comparison to how amazing you are.
- Don’t feel guilty about eating. Food is good, and you need it to live.
- Tomorrow when you get dressed, look at your body naked for a minute. Embrace your beautiful body without hiding it in clothes.
- Speaking of nudity, if you want to get more comfortable naked, try walking around like that for a bit. Just try it.
- Stop worrying about that thigh gap. It has to do with your body structure, not your weight.
- Question people when they say things like, “I really shouldn’t eat that last french fry” Challenge people’s view on food and body image.
(In the words on Melissa A. Fabello, “When your best friend says that she shouldn’t order the pasta, ask her ‘why?’ See if she can come up with a legimate answer. Chances are she can’t…”)
10. Finally, if you want a bikini body, put on a bikini. Simple as that.